Friday, February 16, 2007

Motivation

This post is brought to you by T.I.'s Urban Legend.

Last Friday Oprah featured several teachers of The Secret (basically a new theory on living a positive life based on the law of attraction). Now I wasn't particularly moved by this theory (praying & working hard has worked wonders for me), however she had an update show on today and I heard a quote that was kinda interesting. One of the teachers of The Secret, James Arthur Ray, said "Trying is failing with honor." Okay so at first I was a little confused but then he explained and it all became very clear (and pretty motivating too). He said that when people try they usually don't succeed (i.e. I'll try to make it to the party - we all know that means you're not coming), so instead of trying we should start doing. So today I made the conscience decision to stop trying & start doing.

And now for your challenge (yep this blog comes with homework) pick one of your goals (maybe start with something small for now) and instead of saying you'll try to accomplish, say you're going to accomplish. Next month reflect on your goal and see if you've accomplished it. Report back & let me know how did. Don't worry I'm going to participate too - my goal is to obtain gainful employment for the summer! GOOD LUCK!

Smooches Lovers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so um, while I am not the biggest Oprah fan by far, I did happen to catch a glimpse of this particular show (last week), and I quickly changed the channel, like regular. However today's show (I missed), seems to have been more interesting from the synopsis given so with all that said I'll participate in your "Don't just try, DO" challenge...Okay so my first goal...oooh and it IS a tuffie...to be more, well to actually be money concious, or frugal. I am ter-ri-bell in that dept. So my actual manifestation of that goal will be to write down all of my expenses @ the beginning of the month and a goal I would like to have saved and an amount to have not gone over. Then keep a daily log of my expenses & at the end of the month review it and compare; hopefully resulting in me be more sparing in my future purchases...(insert nervous emoticon) Ok...here goes...we shall see!