Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mardi Gras!

This post is brought to you by the great city of New Orleans!

So I'm sitting in class (Bankruptcy - boooorriinnng!) and I can't help but think about what I would have been doing if I were in the N.O. (i.e. 2 yrs ago). Honestly, at this exact time (1:09 p.m. EST 12:09 p.m. CST) on a Fat Tuesday I would prolly be sleep , recovering from a late night on Bourbon & an early morning on St. Charles for the Zulu Parade (gotta get that coconut - oh the memories LOL). If you would have told me then that in just 2 short years I would be missing New Orleans like this, I would've prolly just completely over looked you because obviously you're a bit unstable! But I must admit while I couldn't be more satisfied with where I am now, I find myself reminiscing about those N.O. days. I won't bore you (or incriminate myself as well as others) by going into details about the past, but Iwill say this, LIVE IN THE MOMENT & TAKE TIME TO REALLY ENJOY LIFE!!! (Does that make me sound old? I vote NO!)

In memory of Mardi Gras & New Orleans put on your beads and masks; eat some red beans & rice, jambalaya, etouffee, King cake, and drink a hurricane; listen to Ha by Juvenile; and Josephine Johnny & Walk Like Ronald (those are dances for those of you that are confused)!!!


Happy Mardi Gras Baaeby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I'm a little late on my comment but hey...I am actually in the NOLA so you understand, well that and I don't think this feed thing works...so um yeah anyways...
As I was saying I am here right now as I type in the best place this side of the MS! I concur, Boome if anyone had told me I would be hurting to return 2 seconds before Katrina took its unsuspectingly devasting toll, I would have laughed and said "not even hardly much likely, ya heard me (te he he)!" I too realize that I totally took my life here for granted...while I may not be as content w/ my life at Boome I am using my past to influence my present and reconstruct my future. Now with all that said I digress...I have been here about a week now and I am seriously considering moving back (and no, not solely b/c I hate Memphis...that's only about 89.9% of the reason, lol!) I just can't help it...

So I'm torn do I let go and move on...to where Idunno...or do I come back and maybe even become revitalized by the rebuilding and gain a new respect for the city, while being active in the process...not to mention get a little sanity back and maybe even a little stability in my life... yes I was STABLE when I lived here, thanks!

So Iunno we shall see...its just a thought right now...I'll let you know how it manifest in about 3-6 months...

Either I lubs the N.O. Woo Whoo Mardi Gras!!! Show us your...(get yo mind out the gudda)beads, thanks! (LoL, Boome...um ecuse me sir can we just have your beads just cus we're haute and you're not...oh thanks, now buy us a shot(of cranberry juice, we don't drink, duh)!

(As you can see instead of creating my own blog...I'll just piggyback off Boome's thoughts...now we all win! YAY!)