Saturday, March 24, 2007

I Am Not My Hair...

This post is brought to you by india.aire's Testimony: Vol. 1 Life & Relationship!

...but my hair is a BIG part of me! Hair is a woman's crown & glory and one of our biggest HEADACHES. It's the one thing that is appreciated by all - everyone notices pretty hair. (Side note: by pretty I don't mean "good hair" but any hair (style, cut, color, etc.) that compliments you!) So I have a couple of products to recommend. (Disclaimer: I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I have found some things that work for me & I want to share my find with you!)

Okay let me first share some things about me (and you can decide if these products are realistic for you). My hair is naturally curly & I don't have a relaxer (or any other chemicals for that matter - all my color has basically grown out). So now you can make a totally informed decision.

I have one major hair problem: DRY, ITCHY, & SOMETIMES FLAKY SCALP. I have tried many, many corrective measures (even extra virgin olive oil) but nothing has completely worked. But I think I've found a solution: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Active Soothing Conditioner (it's part of their Professional line). I used it this morning & it just tingled away (a very good sign). The directions recommend using it at least twice a week. As I said, this is my first time using but I have a very good feeling about it.

I also recommend Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo. It thoroughly moisturizes hair without weighing it down, leaving you with a very natural-looking sheen (don't I sound like a commercial LOL).

A good conditioner for hair (as opposed to scalp) is John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Rehydrate. It deep conditions without weighing hair down and it prevents unsightly frizz.

I don't use these products every time I wash, more like every other wash or once a month. I use Suave's Sleek Shampoo & Conditioner on a regular basis. You know how the commercials say you get salon-quality products without paying "salon-quality" prices, well they're not lying. This product is exactly like Matrix's Sleek Shampoo & Conditioner (I mean smell & everything!)

Well that's it for now but I'm sure I'll have more tips & recommendations soon!

Smooches & Have a Happy Hair Day!

1 comment:

SRJP said...

Okay so I am def. going to try that Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioer and Shampoo...I actually have the most troub/w finding shampoos rather than conditioners...b/c the shampoos are what I think is causing build-up, adding to the flakiness. Now the conditioner on the other hand...I need one that both counters dryness of the scalp BUT does not weigh my hair down...I really have issues w/that (well not as of lately but sometimes)...then I need a shampoo/conditioner that I can use like regularily (sp) and I'll be good to go!

Thanks Boome!