Sunday, April 1, 2007

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

This post is brought to you by C&C Music Factory!

So I heard a song today that made me start thinking. It's from "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" Soundtrack (cutest movie ever!) and it's called 'If God Made You' by Five For Fighting. This is the chorus:

Sunset sailing on April skies
Bloodshot fire clouds in her eyes
I can't say what I might believe
But if God made you he's in love with me

The bold print line is what really stuck out to me. So I know (well I'm pretty sure) everyone goes through a "love stinks" phase. You know when you don't want to be in a relationship, you don't want to be bothered with anyone of the opposite sex and the only music you want to hear is gangsta rap. But then you get out of your funk & decide you don't want to spend another Friday night sitting in a dark movie theater with a bunch of chicks (or playing Madden with "the homies" - but wait, do they ever get tired of this?) and you decide to go out on a date.

No not every date means forever & every frog is not a prince but one day you might find yourself asking "Could I possibly love this person?" And that brings me back to the song. I think that's a great way to think about love & your significant other. Okay let me break it down for ya (well at least this is my interpretation of it). It's like when your Mommie gives you a really great gift and it makes you feel oh so special and you think "My Mommie really loves me!" Now think of your sweetie of the gift and God as your Mommie. Wait on your "aha moment"...get it now?

Now if you're thinking "Do you have the receipt?" or "Where's the defective products line?" then obviously he/she's not your gift, you're still in the trial & error phase. But if you're pretty pleased with your gift, then congratulations because you might have found Bobby to your Whitney or Deelishis to your Flav (come on now, the whole post couldn't be sappy)!

Okay enough "deepness" for one day! I'm blowing out the incense, turning off the Sade, and taking off my turban! Til next time...

Smooches Lovers!

4 comments:

SRJP said...

Ummm, well you know I don't have much to comment on about this one @ this very moment in my life however, it just wouldn't seem right if I said nothing @ all...so here's my comment to the post...Why the hell yo ass listening to the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants soundtrack any damn way?!?!

Princess Chronicles said...

I wasn't listening to the soundtrack, I was watching the movie DUH! LOL!

SRJP said...

LOL! Oh well excuse e moi, you was sholl listening REAL close to hear all that and figure owt all those lyics, do you won the movie???

Princess Chronicles said...

The line about God being in love with me caught my attention so I googled the song to find out the lyrics to see if it was really as deep as I orginally thought. So no I don't know the song (don't own the movie either) or anything, I cheated!