Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Home Again

This post is brought to you by New Edition (N.E. Yall LOL)!!!

"Back where I started on my set in black..." (betcha don't know what song that's from...I'll give you the answer after these messages!) Yep, I'm back in Philly and it's kinda bittersweet: I'm glad to be back in my space but I'm missing my family/friends/favorites. But my vacay was pretty good so I won't complain!

While I was in St. Louis (my for real home) Gram treated me to a little shopping so I can "impress the judge" when I start working (her words not mine - gotta love her)! I hung out with the fam and friends and just relaxed a bit. Highlight of this trip: Fee & I going out together! It was a priceless evening. They had me at a 30+ club for Daryl's (my step-father - that still tickles me) 50th B-Day Celebration. Old people drinking and dancing - yes it was as funny as it sounds! Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed that little adventure.

In Atlanta I was given the opportunity to try my hand at nursing! The Duke (somehow, someway) contracted tonsillitis! Yep BIG FUN!!! So he was pretty under the weather for the majority of the trip but by Monday he was feeling much better. We went to the new World of Coca Cola and I must say I had a great time! It really is different from the old one (check it out the next time you're in the neighborhood) Highlight of this trip: dinner & a movie! No not the traditional go get something to eat then catch a movie. There is an AMC Theatre in Buckhead that actually serves dinner (and beer & wine) while you enjoy your feature presentation! I know freaking fantastic! We weren't able to do the things we had planned but I'm sure there will be many more Atlanta trips and plenty of time to play catch-up.

Now I'm back to the "real world." I have a couple of days to recuperate and prepare for work (I start Monday YAY)! I am really looking forward to it too!

Til Next Time...Smooches Lovers!

P.S. The answer to tonight's trivia question: Big Tymers by Big Tymers (Baby & Mannie Fresh) from their first c.d. I Got That Work!

3 comments:

SRJP said...

Awww damn!!!
I was about to give the answer!!!
lol-didn't know about the club scene Boome, sounds like something i'd enjoy!-shame i have to read your blog to get your life's details...but i won't complain b/c i've heard flack from several re: me and mine...
anywho, we (Moe and I) we're supposed to hit up that AMC in Buckhead too, but we cancelled that (being fast, you know how goes, well you used to-te he he)!
k-knock em dead on the job, stay fab, and until next time...

POB!

~S. Parks

Anonymous said...

shawty thanks 4 nursing me back 2 normal. i really appreciated that. but i always knew u were a good nurse, it runs in yur blood shawty. and the next tiem we meet, i'll have something speical 4 u bay. thanks again.

The DUKE

p.s. heard u and fee was showing the old people how to, "monkey on a stick." and i know u felt right at home at the club wit the old peeps bay. luv u

Princess Chronicles said...

I thought The Duke was being sweet until he slick called me old! Thanks I guess!