Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ball of Confusion...

Today's post is brought to you by The Temptations!

...That's what Ash is today (hoo a hey, hey LOL)! Today Princess ERB (my fellow "Law Babe") and I were discussing our future and post-law school plans. We are starting realize that a JD doesn't automatically mean a six-figure salary (or anywhere close for that matter)! Don't get me wrong, money is not the driving force behind me becoming an attorney, however after 3 additional years of school and 3 additional years of tuition (and loans), one might expect to at least be able to pay one's bills and still be able to live comfortably.

Picture this: you're accepted to Villanova University School of Law, you bust your ass day-in and day-out to compete with the other law students, you manage to graduate in three years as well as pass the bar (on the 1st try I might add), and now you've been offered a position as an Assistant District Attorney in Delaware County, PA. Exciting huh? Think again! Come to find out your yearly salary will be somewhere around $30K and after taxes you'll be bringing home a mere $19K. Yeah you read it correctly! Now how in the hell are you going to pay all your bills (including student loans - both undergrad & law school) on that? Exactly my point!!!

Obviously being a DA isn't the only job in the world but it is a very popular route for recent grads (and a very important job)! And no, I don't plan on being a DA but how often does life follow our plans. Just makes you think, ya know! Yes I know everybody isn't concerned with money but some of us don't have that luxury and money (or the lack thereof) can be a BIG issue.

Okay, okay I know what GOD has for me, is for me; HE won't put more on me than I can bear; HE didn't bring me this far just to leave me; and HE'LL take care of all my needs but I wouldn't be human if I didn't worry (at least a little bit) but that's enough worrying today!

Smooches Lovers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stay focus babe and continue to think positive and everything will fall in its place bay.