Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Distant Lover

This post is brought to you by Marvin Gaye!

I am involved in a long distance relationship. When The Duke and I first started talking, I think the distance helped - I tend to have a short attention span when it comes to men and not seeing him everyday (or every weekend for that matter) prevented me from getting tired of him. And we talked on the phone about every night so we were forced to really get to know each other (I know it sounds cliche but we really were friends first). But now, almost 3 years later, I'm not loving the distance. It would be nice to be able to just go on a spur of the moment date or have company whenever you want - not really possible when you're almost 1000 miles away from each other. I try not to complain about it because it's not anyone's fault and there's nothing we can really do to change it right now. But by this time next year, we will both be out of school and hopefully there will be an end in sight.

But I still can't help wondering: What if graduation doesn't "close the gap?" What if it increases it? What if has to last another 3 years? How long will we last with the distance? I guess if that does happen, we would be at a crossroads. We would have to decide if we are content with the distance, if we want to just go our separate ways, or if we are ready to make major changes & go to the next level. And that scares me too! I don't think the next level is a walk down the aisle but it would definitely be at least one level closer (AHHH!!!). Am I really ready to even start thinking about that? Who knows!

I'm just going to enjoy whatever time we do spend together and go wherever GOD leads me/us!

Smooches Lovers!

No comments: